what is the thickness of cpu paste and gpu paste on AN515-57 3060 i5 11400h

JackDalton3311
JackDalton3311 Member Posts: 1 New User

I need this information because im gonna buy a pad similar to ptm for gpu and cpu but i have mm options starting from 0.50mm 0.75mm 1mm 1.5mm 2mm 3mm

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,464 Trailblazer

This is what I've done to my Nitro AN515-56 with a compete new re pasting of the cpu and the gpu and vram chips, Acer does not specify a thickness for paste and/or vram pads as the goal is to have the thermal module touch all these critical components like the cpu with liquid metal paste, gpu with ordinary high end thermal paste and the vram chips with a high end thermal pad, that is the ultimate goal for a successful repaste and a vcore chip thermal pad change.

Use the Thermal Grizzly range of paste and thermal pads as they are the best that I've found out over the years as they are a premium gaming high quality product that dissipate heat perfectly off the cpu/gpu and VRAM chips and is what allot of top techs use for gaming laptops and gaming desktops.

This is the Thermal Grizzly products I've used on my Nitro 5 AN515-56 gaming laptop with an i7-11370H cpu/RTX3050 gou/32GB DDR4-3200MHz CL22 ram, they are the: 

Note: be very careful with liquid metal paste as its a conductive paste and you dont need allot of paste, as it can destroy CPUs and mainboards if you apply too much and not to how Thermal Grizzly instructs you to apply this paste! As if it spills onto the mainboard circuitries and especially underneath CPU or the GPU as it will short the mainboard circuitries and ruin the mainboard, so only apply liquid metal as per guide. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

This is the application guide for the "Conductonaut Extreme liquid metal"

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍