is the mother bored a atx or micro atx because i want to do a case swap i need help?

junior05
junior05 Member Posts: 3 New User

i have acer nitro n5-640 pc but i need to know whats a good case

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,464 Trailblazer
    edited 1:57AM

This question has been answered for you before junior05, please do not repost the same question again. as I've already answered this for you!

Here is the answer again, the Acer prebuilt desktop the Nitro N50-640 mobo is an Acer proprietary size board and its similar and close in size to an oem mATX board dimensions (but measure the Acer N50-640 board first and then buy the appropriate size case) its not rocket science😂 but you will niot be able to use the front port of the board, so be aware of this.

The Acer mobo mounting holes are different also and will not be in the standard position points, some will be but NOT all, so you will have to compromise and/or get mounting brackets to position them to secure this proprietary Acer mobo to the new case, those are you options.

If you want a full and proper upgrade, then you will be much better off getting a new LGA1700 socket, gaming Z690 chipset mATX or ATX gaming board that will fit into a new gaming case, and you can use all the Nitro N50-640 components like the Nitro N50-640 i7-12700 or i7-12700F cpu's and its DDR4.3200M ram and if you have the top Acer fitted gpu like the Acer fitted RTX 3060.12GB GDDR6 its even better or whatever you have, also and if you change the mobo, you will need a new 24pin PSU which will also not restrict you to a new and better gpu that Acer fit to this desktop which is the RTX3060. Those are your choices.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍