Slight static which goes on and off when i connect any earphone via the 3.5mm jack !

kkDN
kkDN Member Posts: 2 New User
edited 1:27PM in Predator Laptops

So i recently purchased Helios 16 2023 model (13700hx+4060). When i connect my earphones via the 3.5 mm jack there is very slight static/hissing which isn't really bothersome but still present and it concerns me whether this is a hardware defect or a software problem which has troubleshooted somehow, couldn't really find any solution so had to make a post. Also I've tested out 2 of my earphones and its not a fault in them. So what could be the most likely cause and solution to it? Also about the static, it comes on just before i play some audio and stops a few seconds after the audio stops. While the audio plays the static isn't really noticeable/bothersome.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,861 Trailblazer

Hi, this is a strange one, could be the wiring in your house or the Realtek audio/Nahimic Gaming Audio drivers. Uninstall first the RTK audio driver in Safe Mode with DDU and see if that fixes the issue. If it is indeed static discharge there is not much you can do about it other than putting some Ferrite beads on the power cord and USB cables.

• kkDN
    kkDN Member Posts: 2 New User

Could there possibly be a problem with my 3.5mm jack that needs to be replaced in the service center as this is a brand new laptop. Or its something that would persist regardless. I'd try reinstalling the drivers but do lemme know if my device is alright. Thanks :)