is the Acer A 500 getting updated with jelly bean

Options
my69rox
my69rox Member Posts: 4 New User

Answers

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

No. The A500 is not getting JB. It stops at ICS.

• my69rox
    Options

OK then who do I yell at being my tablet was bought 6 months ago and now I'm being told its out of date for updates . If this is so I will NEVER NEVER NEVER buy another Acer product in my life time and will spread my word like wildfie on all Social Networks what ever it take's to let the public know how selfish Acer is  or other words " Money Hungry "

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hey there rox i can understand what you are looking for JB is a good OS update but not really needed. The unit should have come with 3.2 and then updated to 3.2.1 the over to ICS 4.0.1. The best thing i could say is rooting is always an option but JB also has system req that may not be under the A500. most companies love to keep pushing updates so long at the Req are within the units spec. hope all goes well and keep in mod JB is not that huge of an update from ICS. also in a few months there will be probably another New and "amazing" flavor. I have owned the A500 now for about a year and trust me it is not out of date

• my69rox
    Options

You know what I also bought a Spill, Drop , scratch warrentee from Walmart , I think I'll handle it this way and get a diferant Tablet , I can say it will " NOT " be A " Acer "

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Well just make sure you read there warranty before so that you know you will be covered there are some warranties from Wal-Mart that to not become "active" until the manufactures warranty ends.

This discussion has been closed.