Very high pitched tone from Acer Travelmate P414-41 when in shutdown / Hibernate

zenspacetime
zenspacetime Member Posts: 4 New User

So bit of a concern if anyone could help enlighten me, Thanks in advance

I noticed yesterday when I turned off the laptop if i put my ear to the back of it on the fan grill, there's a very high pitched tone being emitted from inside! if the machine is ON or in sleep there's no tone.

I switched it off and threw it into the laptop bag, thinking it'll probably go away! Checked in the morning still there! it booted up fine and runs like a dream really.

The machine is running pretty good, I've got huge music projects loaded onto Ableton and it's playing back fine. There has been a few infrequent freezes. One time when in the middle of project and I plugged in an external hardrive into the type c port, the machine seized! mouse pointer wouldn't move nothing! Had to hold the power button! another time when I just about to reply on whatsapp, it seized!

There's also one of the USB type c ports is kind of weird, it works for charging but if i plug something else like a harddrive it doesn't seem to work reliably! however it did work for an external monitor last night so go figure!

anyway sounds like there's some issues with it, but in reality it's working great! It's workable! But I hope there's not a severe hardware issue looming that will lead to failure later on or soon!

some info about the machine in the attached image!

any advice, highly appreciated, The machine is very important for my work! Thanks again!