Do I need all 39 drivers & 7 BIOS updates and why Windows blocking BIOS updates in Nitro ANV15-51?

JDW1982
JDW1982 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 3:26AM in Nitro Gaming

Bought my computer in April 2024. I went to the ACER support website and input my SNID. The website generated a list of 39 drivers and 7 BIOS updates. What wasn't clear was if my system needed all of these updates. Hard to believe that I needed 39 driver updates when I keep my drivers updated via Windows Update and CCleaner. In any event, I downloaded one of the BIOS updates and tried to install. The install was blocked by Windows Defender. My questions are: 1) Is the ACER support website telling me that my computer needs these 39 drivers and 7 BIOS updates? 2) If so, why doesn't the website perform the update function instead of forcing the customer to download the driver and search for an .exe file? 3) If these are legitimate ACER updates, why is Windows blocking them?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,818 Trailblazer
    edited 12:33AM

Hi, the only update required for a new Acer laptop is Windows, "Check for Updates" and set the advanced settings to receive Optional updates. Do not install BIOS or display drivers from 3rd-party vendors and uninstall all bloatware, freebees, trial versions and 3rd-party browsers-antivirus programs.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    edited 6:09AM

Download all the Win-11 windows updates and make sure Device Manager hasn't got any yellow exclamation marks for missing drivers. Update to the last available Acer bios version: 1.16 for this laptop. Make sure that for the NVidia graphics you install the NVidia GeForce Experience softwre as this software downloads all the gpu latest drivers and has the best game settings for your laptops gpu also.

With windows update, make sure that it doesn't have any firmware updates for the laptop in Settings > Windows Update > Advanced Options > Optional Updates > Driver updates > and see if there is any firmware update for this laptop, if there is , install that firmware as that is an additional firmware for the ANV15-51 that you should install. This is all that you have to make sure that is up to date. If you want more intricate settings for your laptop for gaming, see this guide here made up by a community member; Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍