How can i reinstall acer preinstalled programs? How to make CAPS LOCK indicator show on lock screen?

NyomNyom
NyomNyom Member Posts: 1 New User

So, I recently installed a new ssd on my Acer laptop because it still use a hard drive. I had it installed on a shop near me. He then installed a fresh and new version of Windows 11 on the ssd. The hard drive is still in the laptop because the new ssd was an NVME ssd. But the technician installed an older version of Windows 11 so after I arrived home, I opened windows update and let it download the updates and drivers. But, after it restarted to install the update, the screen started to flicker because the display driver was corrupted. I returned it to the shop, and the technician reinstalled Windows 11 on the ssd. But, after looking at it, the hard drive has been wiped out. The laptop does not show if CAPS LOCK has enabled. I then installed Acer Quick Access. But it does not show up in the lock screen. Is there a way to make the indicators show up on the lock screen like it was from the factory?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    edited 6:09PM

Which Acer model do you have? That indicator is usually shown by Acer Care Center, but on some models the app is called something different, since they are continuously working on those utilities to support new models. If you go to the Acer support site, select drivers and manuals then input your model number (xxxxx-xxx) you should see an Applications section that holds those apps for your specific model. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. The last four digits define the actual SKU and aren't needed at this point.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.