Helios 317-56-70ps Charging port - Jack gets too hot when I run games (Nvidia)

Peter1233321
Peter1233321 Member Posts: 0 Newbie
edited 10:53AM in Predator Laptops

A couple of days ago I noticed that the jack of my charger was getting extremely hot while running games. I googled and read about it but I have not found the fix to this problem. It is fine when it is on Intel graphics (it's quite cool) but once it switches to Nvidia, it is completely burning hot. My laptop model is Acer Predator Helios 317-56-70ps

I have no Acer tech support anywhere near me by the way.

The charger I am using is Delta (it came with the laptop)

Please help

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,804 Trailblazer
    edited 1:09PM

Hi, the power adapter should be 280W with the correct 5.5mm x 1.7mm barrel plug, Check if you see any burn marks inside the DC socket of the laptop and when you fully insert the DC plug in the laptop charge port you should hear a click. If you don't leave the adapter plugged in 24/7 and the battery is almost depleted, then plug in the adapter while you are gaming you will create a lot of heat at the plug and battery due to the fast charging and providing power to the large dGPU. Make sure the battery is charged 100% when gaming and have the adapter always plugged in. Check that the pin of the adapter plug has the correct size with a caliper tool.