I have 2 question about upgrade RAM & SSD (my laptop Model Number: AN515-42)

Bloodhound
Bloodhound Member Posts: 3 New User
  1. Ram : Already pre installed 8gb DDR4 2400mhz ram.Now I want to buy another Ram 8gb/16gb which one will be suitable ? may i use higher freequency like 3200mhz in it ? Pls take a look is it suitable https://amzn.in/d/bjpIBup
  2. SSD : I have read 100 posts about ssd upgradation. I think this model supports M.2 Sata ssd.My question is may i use 512gb/1TB m.2 sata ssd ? does it support higher than 256gb ? please take a look will it be work https://amzn.in/d/4W9nO5v

Please help me with a supportive answer as soon as possible. Thank You in advance.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,444 Pathfinder

For your Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42, here's what you need to know about upgrading RAM and SSD:

RAM Upgrade

You currently have 8GB of DDR4 RAM at 2400MHz. You can safely add another RAM stick with the same specifications (8GB, 2400MHz).

You need to make sure that both RAMs are identical, meaning they both need to have the same CAS latency (CL), voltage, frequency, size, and JEDEC profile for dual-channel performance.To check these specs, use CPU-Z.

It will provide all these specifications and also give you RAM details, which you can search on Google for exact specs and compare with the new RAM specs you are considering.You can't install higher frequency RAM, as it will downclock to 2400MHz.

If the specs of the new RAM do not match those of the pre-installed RAM, it may cause the RAM to run in single-channel mode and become unstable.My recommendation is to check Crucial 8GB 2400MHz laptop RAM and compare its specs with the pre-installed RAM. Both should have the same specifications, but you should still confirm. Visit crucial website, enter your laptop model number and find 2400mhz ram.

(And ram you mentioned is desktop ram, not laptop)

SSD Upgrade

Your laptop supports M.2 SATA SSDs, and you can indeed upgrade to a 512GB or 1TB drive. There are no restrictions on using SSDs larger than 256GB; many users have successfully installed larger capacities without issues. Brands like Samsung and Crucial are recommended for their reliability and performance.For specific products, you can consider looking for M.2 SATA SSDs on platforms like Amazon.

Yes, the EVM M.2 (2280) 512GB SATA Internal SSD will work on your Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 laptop.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,167 Pathfinder

@Bloodhound

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too. 

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★