How do I customize the side buttons on my mouse?

Liujing
Liujing Member Posts: 1 Newbie

I am a Mac user, and I have an acer mouse; how do I make it so that when I press the top one, it switches my desktop to the right and the other one to the left?

Answers

• Search for your mouse model number and check for mouse software on google. If not available for mac OS, you can use third-party software since Acer does not provide dedicated Mac drivers. Here are some effective options:

1. USB Overdrive: This application allows you to customize mouse buttons and set specific actions for each button, including desktop switching.
    2. Steermouse: Another powerful option that provides extensive customization for mouse buttons, including side buttons.
    3. SaneSideButtons: This open-source utility simulates trackpad gestures, allowing you to configure the side buttons to perform actions like switching desktops. You can download it from GitHub, install it, and set it up to recognize the side buttons as gestures.
    4. Mac Mouse Fix: This app is designed to enhance mouse functionality on macOS and may help with button remapping.

To set up these applications, download the software, install it, and follow the instructions to assign the desired functions to your mouse's side buttons.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566