Veriton X4665G does not detect dual monitors

I am trying to setup dual monitors on my Acer desktop.

My Acer desktop does not detect my new 2nd monitor when setting it up. 1st monitor is plugged into the HDMI port. 2nd Monitor is plugged into the open DisplayPort.

I have looked online and can't find any help. New monitor has power, just does not detect being connected to my Acer desktop. Any ideas what to try next?

There is an open VGA port. Should I try using a HDMI to VGA cable to see if that works? Seems crazy since there is an open Dport to use.

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,564 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited September 17

Does the 2nd monitor have HDMI ??

Does the 2nd monitor work alone on your desktop ?

I don't think that a HDMI to VGA cable will work (even if the seller says that it will) as you need electronic in an adapter to switch signals.

You'll probably have to buy a HDMI monitor as I did for my TC-895 only monitor as the old one wasn't HDMI. Monitors are cheap at this time.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,564 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

BUT maybe ?

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/14991-how-to-setup-dual-monitors?utm_source=community-search&utm_medium=organic-search&utm_term=dual

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    edited September 18

Just in addition, make sure that you have the correct DP v1.2 cable for the 2nd monitor. The below specs are what your X4665G desktop has at the back panel of the desktop as its onboard display configuration ports that work off the integrated cpu graphics of the Intel Coffee Lake cpu. Also have a look at this Acer guide of "How to Setup Dual Monitors" as it states that a HDMI and a DP port should work in dula monitor setups. Good luck

Note: you could use a VGA to HDMI adapter cable but the VGA port has the following specs so you will be restricted even with the VGAs max resolution capabilities:

• Standard resolution: 640x480 pixels
    • Maximum resolution: Varies, but typically up to 2048x1536 in later implementations
    • Refresh rate: 60 Hz standard, with some implementations supporting higher rates
    • Color depth: Originally 4-bit (16 colors), later extended to support 24-bit true color
    • Bandwidth: Approximately 140 MHz in standard implementations

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer

All three ports have separate connections to the chipset, so you should be able to use any of them, some of them, or all of them at the same time.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Marshall_32204
    Marshall_32204 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for all your suggestions and advice. So the monitors are Dell 27" monitors with HDMI & USB-C connections. I am using a HDMI to DisplayPort Cable going into the open DisplayPort and the 2nd monitor is not coming up.

I have a HDMI to VGA cable on order (should arrive today) to see if going from HDMI to the open VGA will solve this issue. Hoping to report good news once this new cable arrives.