Nitro ANV16-41 erratic fan-curve

Oro331
Oro331 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, i have an acer nitro anv16-41 on the latest available bios update.

My laptop stops the fans when a very low temperature is reached. Nothing weird about it, that's just a 0db setting i guess.

I have noticed, though, that at lighter loads(browsing and such) the fans have a very irregular curve of activation. Like, i could get my fans to stop at idle, then have a light load on the cpu and the fans would abruptly start going at 1840rpm, then stop after a few seconds. This is, i believe, very detrimental to the life expectancy of the fans. Can't we get an optimization of the fancurve? Or an option to personalize it? Even a preset could be cool, a 0rpm one that stops the fan at light load and another one that runs the fan at low rpm during idle.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer

These are the CPU fan true values of your laptop as set and listed by Acer. See if they comply to the stats below.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Oro331
    Oro331 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 18

Yes, they do seem accurate. Nitrosense shows me a margin of error of very few rpm's, but it seems to comply with what is indicated on the table.

Maybe the activation curve is just a bit too aggressive? The fan trips when the cpu reaches a certain range of temperatures, right? And during lighter loads the cpu temp may spike for just an instant to an higher figure that gets the fan to activate, and then just get in the 0db range after a few seconds.

(My model has a ryzen 7 8845hs, modern ryzens are known to have little spikes) Oh and, sorry for my bad English lol, i hope you get what i mean to say