How to increase Virtual RAM and IGPU memory? Any BIOS settings for better performance

atorney1_
atorney1_ Member Posts: 6 New User
edited September 17 in TravelMate and Extensa

how do i increase virtual ram? on my igpu dedicated video memory.. pls help me also is there any settings in bios that can increase performance? im using the hidden advanced bios version

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,797 Trailblazer

You can't, the only way is to increase RAM and Windows will allocate the VRAM proportionally.

• asajerone
    asajerone Member Posts: 1 New User

To increase Virtual RAM, go to Settings > System > About, then Advanced system settings, and adjust the pagefile size in the Virtual Memory settings. For IGPU memory, enter BIOS/UEFI during startup, locate the graphics settings, and increase the IGPU memory if the option is available. Save changes and restart.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer

And the AI bot to the rescue! :) VRAM is Video Memory, not Virtual Memory…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • atorney1_
    atorney1_ Member Posts: 6 New User

i know i want to add my dedicated video memory up and bios only shows dvmt memory allocated

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    edited September 18

Puraw gave the correct answer. There is no way to manually change the amount of VRAM on consumer level machines. If you told us what system model you are working with we might be able to see if there is a method, but for almost all laptops, if not all laptops, that's not possible.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.