Acer Aspire Lite 14 AL14-51M Intel i3-1215U RAM and SSD. Could i replace RAM lo like 1TB ?

Rajendra24
Rajendra24 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 17 in Aspire Laptops

i am wondering since i own one of this and its upgradeable. what is the maximum amount of RAM i could put inside this laptop and what is the ideal amount of RAM? also since the SSD is only 256 GB could i replace it lo like 1TB without voiding its warranty?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,442 Pathfinder
    edited September 17

The Acer Aspire Lite 14 AL14-51M with an Intel i3-1215U processor supports a maximum RAM of 16GB. This can be achieved by installing two 8GB DDR5 RAM sticks. For optimal performance in dual-channel mode, both RAM sticks must have the same specifications, including capacity, frequency, CAS latency (CL), Size, DDR5 and voltage.

On the SSD side, the laptop originally comes with a 256GB SSD, which is a PCIe Gen4 NVMe drive capable of speeds up to 8Gb/s using up to four lanes. You can replace this SSD with a larger capacity drive, such as 1TB, without voiding the warranty. The warranty will only be voided if there is a warranty void sticker blocking access to screws, removing it could potentially void the warranty. However, the warranty will only be voided if you remove this sticker. If it is not present then you can upgrade it easily and just make sure you don't damage any component while upgrading.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,793 Trailblazer

Hi, The Acer Aspire Lite AL14-51M has one RAM slot that supports up to 16GB of DDR5 RAM. It comes with 1 PCIe 4x4 M.2 slot that supports a Gen4 NVMe SSD up to 1TB. There are models reported with 2 RAM slots that would support 2x8GB DDR5, but I am not sure about that.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    edited September 17

The below System Memory table is the memory specs of the Aspire Lite 14 AL14-51M laptop as per its service guide and it supports a max of 16GB ram of DDR5-4800MT/s type ram.

With its M.2 SSD PCIe 4x4 drive upgrade, be aware that it takes expertise to open the back cover so be very careful when you open the back cover to gain access inside the laptop and to the M.2 SSD drive, as its very easy to scratch the case and damage the bottom cover if you use the wrong tools.

I've included the SGs guide of how to open the lower-case cover for your information, so be very careful not to scratch, damage the laptops lower case. Good luck and hope this helps you out further.

PCIe 4x 4 M.2 SSD Specs

Removing the Lower case

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍