Electrical high pitched crackling noises from gpu side when using PH16-71 on battery.

MokshBhardwaj666
MokshBhardwaj666 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

So from last two weeks I am facing this issue in acer predator helios neo 16 where I am hearing a crackling like noises that sounds like some electric buzzing whenever i use my laptop on battery sometimes it persists on charging too but mostly i have seen that whenever the laptop is on battery or in idle state or light usage the sound comes. The crackling noise mainly comes from the gpu side.

-There is no performance loss or any issue.

-Drivers are up to dated as I have tried re installing windows.

-Bios is 1.16

• I think it started after a windows update or some driver update

P.S.- just wanted to know if it is a serious hardware issue or if I should contact service centre as it has only been 4 months since i got this laptop.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,793 Trailblazer

Hi, if you don't think the noise is coming from the speaker then it must be the fan bearing or the advanced heat pipes/liquid metal cooling. If it only happens when you are on battery, I wouldn't worry too much about that noise possibly due to the expansion and contraction of materials as they heat up and cool down, or due to the movement of the liquid metal and heat pipes. Also, you should have the power adapter plugged in 24/7 to keep the battery charged to 100%, reduce the fan speed to see if that helps. The laptop is still under warranty and consider bringing it to Acer Services in your country to check the noise.

• MokshBhardwaj666

Tinkerer

I don't think it's coming from heat sink , maybe coil whine but I don't know how to confirm that

• MokshBhardwaj666

Tinkerer

I always plug it in while gaming but In Library or classes can't do that and the noise kills me there

• MokshBhardwaj666

Tinkerer

Edit : The crackling electric noise stops when i change the mode, like from quiet mode to balanced mode or to any mode but the noise returns after a minute or two