My Acer Predator HELIOS 300 PH315-55 started to shutdown randomly

Meow_Pants
Meow_Pants Member Posts: 2 New User

I purchased this laptop in March 2023 (18 months ago) and within the last week it has begun to shutdown whenever I try to play a game. I've read through other threads here and included a list of tests and remedies that I have tried:

• Memory diagnostic is clean
  • CPU and GPU temperatures have been fine (between 60 and 90 degrees while running)
  • Updated all graphics card driver(s)
  • Hard reset by opening the laptop and disconnecting/re-connecting the battery and RAM cards
  • Purchased a brand new battery and replaced it

I was pretty convinced the battery was the issue because the battery report showed the shutdown instances, but now that I've replaced the battery and still have the same problem, I am at a loss. I'm pretty worried because the laptop is less than two years old with only moderate handling and use and I have no idea what the problem is. Not to mention that I missed a cash tournament over the weekend because of this problem :(

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated! Let me know if you need more info or any other test results.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,788 Trailblazer
    edited September 16

Hi, as your laptop is still in the 2-year warranty period I recommend sending it to Acer Services in your country to check this problem.

• Hi! Have you checked if the cpu and gpu are overheating? Have you tried cleaning the thermal paste, fans and changing the thermal pads?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Meow_Pants
    Meow_Pants Member Posts: 2 New User

Apparently Acer only offered a 1-year warranty which ended in May of this year (1 Year BBY-US MI/CI). I also think a 1-year warranty for a $2k machine is absurd. Am I misunderstanding something?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,788 Trailblazer

Hi, contact Acer Support in your country and show your proof of purchase (bill) as that should be 2 years warranty for laptops, maybe the starting date is incorrect.