Predator Triton 500 : Can not open BIOS settings, laptop can not boot due to corrupted OS

aayushdhg
aayushdhg Member Posts: 1 New User

My laptop doesn't have a battery backup.

Context: Earlier, I had been getting "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE" BSOD's after resetting my BIOS settings to default so I performed a system restore to try to solve the problem but that didn't help.

Problem: So, then I moved on to attempt repairing / reinstalling my Windows through a bootable USB Flash Drive (the BIOS settings were accessible till now). I changed the boot priority order and it successfully started booting from the pen drive. First, I thought I'd try to repair Windows, so I was giving the commands in CMD when suddenly the electricity went off and everything shut down. Later, when light came back, I was in BIOS settings to check if the boot order had stayed changed (it had reverted back) and was changing it to boot from the pen drive first, the electricity went off again. And sadly, this happened one last time too.

Now, whenever I boot, it just shows me the Predator logo and stays frozen. The fans seem to start with the initial boot but get turned off just after. And most importantly, pressing F2 during boot, only makes the screen blank after showing the logo first but nothing else happens. I can not enter BIOS now.

One thing is when the laptop stays turned off for a few hours, the BIOS resets apparently when I turn it on (as I hear the Predator bootup sound, the racecars one) and that time I could enter the BIOS settings but still after changing priority order and restarting, nothing happens; screen stays frozen.

What should I do? I am thinking maybe my flash drive has been corrupted by the sudden shutdowns, but the laptop can not access BIOS even when I turn it on and press F2 without the pen drive connected. Is there a key combination to reset the bios everytime so that I can at least access the BIOS. What should I do?

Here's a picture of what the screen shows:

Answers