A315-44P SSD not being recognized & doesn't see the drive. Any advice?

GAlverte
GAlverte Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 15 in Aspire Laptops

A315-44P SSD not being recognized. Everything is fine except that Kingstone Software Manager doesn't show any info and Acronis for Acer doesn't see the drive

NVMe KINGSTON OM8PGP4512Q-AA

Any advice?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,788 Trailblazer
    edited September 15

There are two M.2 PCIe Gen3x4 slots. The Kingston is a 512GB Gen4 SSD that should work in a Gen3 PCIe slot, check BIOS if Sata mode is set to AHCI, try to swap the SSD drives.

• GAlverte

Thanks for your reply.

The laptop is less than a month old and came with one SSD drive from factory. Yes it has 2 NVMe slots but there's no easy access and TBH I don't want to take it apart just yet.

There's no SATA configuration in BIOS, only enable/disable the 2 slots.

Device Manager reports Standard SATA AHCI Controller

The program detects another Kingston SSD drive via any of the 3 USB ports but not the factory SSD for which there's no official info at all.

I contacted Kingston but they passed the ball to Acer or AMD blaming chipset or drivers.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,788 Trailblazer

Hi, this Acer A315-44P BIOS does have a SATA mode setting, but it is typically set to RST (Intel Rapid Storage Technology) by default. To access and change this setting, you might need to enable the option in the BIOS, as it is often hidden. Here are the steps to do this:

1. Enter BIOS: Restart your laptop and press F2 during boot to enter the BIOS setup.
    2. Enable SATA Mode Option: In the BIOS, go to the Main tab and press Ctrl + S. This should reveal the hidden SATA mode option.
    3. Change SATA Mode: You can then change the SATA mode from RST to AHCI.

• GAlverte
    edited September 17

Thanks but no luck.

When I press ctrl + s two new options appear "Touchpad" & "Above 4G decoding" but no SATA options.

Latest BIOS v1.04