is the nitro n50-640 a atx i need help

junior05
junior05 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 22 in Nitro Gaming

Is the nitro n50-640 a atx

I want to case swap but I don't what case because I don't know if I should get atx case or micro atx can some one help

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,464 Trailblazer

Are you asking about the ATX PSU of the Nitro N50-640? This desktop has an ATX PSU of either a 300W or a 500W PSU that Acer fitted to this desktop but its a proprietary type for the Acer mainboard that has an 6pin and an 8pin auxiliary plug(s) which can't be upgraded to a higher wattage PSU, its not like the default PSUs that are sold today which all have a 24pin plug for the mainboards sold today.

The Nitro N50-640 PSU can be upgraded with a 6pin or an 8pin adapter to a 24pin so that you can upgrade this desktops PSU to a higher wattage of the new modular PSUs sold today, if this is what you are asking by "is the nitro n50-640 a atx i need help"?

If you want to get a 6pin or an 8pin adapter to 24pin adapter plug/cable to upgrade the oem PSU to the newer modular 24pin PSUs, these are the pin layouts of those mainboard plugs

Nitro N50-640 mobo and PSU:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• junior05
    junior05 Member Posts: 3 New User

so can i get atx case and will the motherboard fit ?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,464 Trailblazer

As you can see above, the N50-640 mainboard is an Acer proprietary shape board made for a custom Acer case, the board above is close to a mATX size board and will fit into a mATX case size, but the best way is to measure the mainboard size and compare it to the ATX mainboard sizes and get a case to fit. But be aware that you will not be able to use the front ports of this board as they all protrude out into the N50-640 oem case.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍