Can I install an Intel Optane Memory in my Acer Veriton X4650g?

imcp_parra30
imcp_parra30 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 15 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I am planning to upgrade my Acer Veriton X4650G Desktop, but I don't have enough knowledge most especially in adding/installing a hardware (specifically the Intel Optane Memory)

I already know that there's a M.2 (2280) slot in the motherboard of my desktop in, but I'm not sure either if it can easily install an Intel Optane Memory or it requires a dedicated adapter or something to plug in the motherboard.

Serial Number: DTVPYSP118XXXXXXXXXXXX

SNID: XXXXXXXXXX

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,429 Trailblazer
    edited September 16

These are the specs of your Veriton X4650G desktop. You can have Intel Optane memory installed into the M.2 desktop 2280 slot as shown below. Good luck and hope all the info below helps you out, if you have any other questions just ask.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer

My personal choice would be to put an NVMe drive in that slot and clone the existing HDD to it, rather than putting Optane in. Optane is just a band-aid for systems that don't have M.2 NVMe SSDs.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.