Nitro 5 AN515-57-52BQ. my nitro 5 battery stuck 0% even when i charging

bumblewibee
bumblewibee Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 16 in Nitro Gaming

my battery stuck 0% even when i charging and i have the battery light indicator that said my laptop is fully charging (always on blue light) when i pluging out from the charger it shut down the laptop, i need help how to fix this issue.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,782 Trailblazer
    edited September 14

Hi, what Nitro 5 model do you have and what power adapter or USB-C charger are you using, how old is the battery? Are you using Acer Care Center or AcerSense with the battery calibration and battery charge limiting features?

• bumblewibee

Hi Sorry for the late respond. My nitro model is, Nitro 5 AN515-57-52BQ. The adapter is the normal one not the usb-c charger. My laptop is already 2 years old right now. And Yes, i'm always using Acer Care Center for limiting my batterly level on 80%. Do you know the solution for it ?

• bumblewibee

Hi Sorry for the late respond. My nitro model is, Nitro 5 AN515-57-52BQ. The adapter is the normal one not the usb-c charger. My laptop is already 2 years old right now. And Yes, i'm always using Acer Care Center for limiting my batterly level on 80%. Do you know the solution for it ?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,782 Trailblazer
    edited September 16

Hi, don't limit the battery charging, check this forum, there are many posts on this topic. We recommend disabling or uninstalling Acer Care and AcerSense "Battery Calibration" and "Battery 80% charge limiting" as these apps interfere with Windows (MS ACPI) power management like the new Modern Standby and battery charging process, update your BIOS, Acer addressed some of these battery charging problems recently. Disable Hibernate and Fast Startup in "Change what closing the lid does" and "Change settings currently unavailable", reset BIOS with F9 in BIOS and Save changes on exit BIOS. Boot to Windows and uninstall the 2 battery drivers (see picture)

Open Windows Services and Stop and disable the Acer services in Properties Startup type for accSVC and acsSVC, acerAgentSVC that are still listed, and click Apply each time you disable these services. Leave your power adapter plugged-in 24/7 and keep the battery fully charged to 100% all the time, don't worry about "over charging" the battery, these are all myths spread on the internet and were unfortunately used by laptop vendors: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001587.htm