Why my Nitrosence AN515- 71EM keyboard not working anymore after PCH was changed?

Everly
Everly Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited September 13 in Nitro Gaming

Hello! I own an Acer Nitro 5 AN515- 71EM, after bringing it to a technician for LCD replacement, it suddenly shut down and can't turn on anymore. The technician told me that the PCH must be replaced since it was damaged. So, the technician changed the PCH, and had no idea, what PCH was. After the PCH was replaced, another problem occur, the nitrosense keyboard wasn't working anymore. Like, everytime I tried to turn on the Nitrosence app nothing is happening like it doesn't open.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,428 Trailblazer

There is no such model as the AN515-71EM you mean you own a Nitro 5 AN515-57-71RC which is the correct model number.

The PCH is the EC and the Chipsets chips that in allot of cases and symptoms that you are experiencing needs to be reset first with a Hard Reset (see how to do a proper Hard Reset below).

What the technician that you took your laptop to when your laptop “suddenly shut down and can't turn on anymore” did is that he changed programmed EC chip which governs these ON/OFF functions (the Chipset chip also does that but it can’t be replaced or bought new) so do a hard reset as that should fix this problem.

With the Nitro Sense software, completely uninstall the software and then download the Nitro Sense version 3.01.3046_20220617 for the AN515-57 laptop, after you have unpacked the zipped folder, do this:

• Click on “NitroSense_V3.01.3046_MSFT_SIGNED_20220617” folder
    • Open “NitroSenseV3.1” folder
    • Click on file:
    • As this will start the Nitro Sense installation, and Nitro Sense will install, and the keyboard key should also work afterwards to start of NS.

That is what I had to do with my Nitro 5 AN515-56 and it worked for my laptop, so try that out, or if it doesn’t work with the last NS version: 3.01.3046_20220617 then try the first NS version: 3.01.3028_20211001 that Acer has for your laptop. Good luck and hope this has helped you out.

Hard Reset: Unscrew the eleven (11) screws on the back cover of your Nitro 5 laptop, then carefully pry up the base cover starting from the upper middle vent to release the latches and cover off, take the main battery out and disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery and then short these batteries + & - pins at the mainboard plug to reset CMOS and then take the ram out, leave the laptop like that for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight) and then reconnect everything.

When reconnecting everything back, if you have 2x ram modules only connect 1x ram module first and alternate the ram to see if the ram is not the issue of the laptop not booting properly as the laptop should boot properly after this reset. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍