PT14-51 Driver/Bios/Applications outdated

PargsZ
PargsZ Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, it seems that the support page for the Triton 14 (PT14-41) is very outdated (latest updates are from 2023). E.g. there are updated versions of PredatorSense on suppport pages of other models, so I am assuming there are also updated drivers and especially a new Bios version availabe for the PT14-51? Would be nice if the support page gets updated. Or is there another model, from which I can safely! download and install updated drivers and an updated BIOS version?

I bought this laptop a few days ago and I love it, but there are some smaller bugs, which I assume can easily be fixed with software/driver updates.

I am talking about this page here:
https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-support/PT14-51/downloads?suggest=pt14-;0

Thank you!

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,428 Trailblazer
    edited September 13

The Predator Triton 14 PT14-51 like all Acer computer products only have their bios and firmware updated regularly by Acer on the support site, as the rest of the drivers are updated by windows update or with and as an example, the Nvidia RTX4050 or the RTX4070 gpu's that this laptop has or in other laptops that have the AMD graphics drivers, all these drivers you need to update yourself from the manufacturers new drivers download source(s).

The Acer Support page for the Predator Triton 14 PT14-51 link that you have given above for this laptop has the oem basic drivers from Acer only and is used as a starting point with OS installations that have problems with new Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc etc drivers as then you can use the oem Acer drivers as working starting point also.,

You don’t need Acer to update 99% of the drivers on your laptop, so be aware of that. If you want to setup a high end gaming laptop like the Predator Triton 14 PT14-51 have a look at this guide; Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming as these laptop’s need to be setup properly for them to operate at their peak. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍