Updated from Chrome C738T-N15Q8 to Windows 10

trvman
trvman Member Posts: 6 New User
edited September 13 in Chromebooks

Have an older Chrome book C738T-N15Q8 and for the heck of it I put windows 10 on it. Now have no speakers and Touch Pad doesn't work. Any idea where I could get the drivers? Acer website is NO help at all.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,387 Trailblazer

If anyone ever did drivers for the hardware (not a given) then you can use the hardware IDs from Device Manager to find Windows drivers. Acer won't have them, since that configuration is not supported.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • trvman
    trvman Member Posts: 6 New User

Thanks for the info. It's old, so I figured I would put windows on it just for the heck of it. Had not used it in quite some time. It works fine with a mouse and with only having a 30gig hard drive, it's only good for searching on line for "stuff" anyway as not much free space left to down load anything. Not surprised no real fix for the touch pad.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,387 Trailblazer

Likely you would be better off to put a Linux distribution on it, since there's no cost to the license vs. the ~$100 it costs for a Windows license. It's actually more usable as a web browser to just leave the older version of ChromeOS in place though, since that has lower overhead than any full featured OS like Windows or Linux.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.