Looking to upgrade the Cpus Fan in my Perdator Orion 3000 po3-655

Gunite82
Gunite82 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited September 13 in Predator Desktops

Hi Guys & Girls,

So i'm looking to upgrade the Cpus Fan in my Perdator Orion 3000 po3-655 and i notice that 99.9 percent of recomendations were for the Noctua NH-U9S. I was wondering if any one knew if the Be Quiet Pure Rock 2 listed in this link was an option? is i just the ease of fitting that the Noctua that it is so highly recommened for the Preditor Orion 3000?

https://www.awd-it.co.uk/be-quiet-bk033-pure-rock-2-fx-rgb-heatsink-fan-intel-amd-sockets-12cm-argb-pwm-fan-150w-tdp.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwooq3BhB3EiwAYqYoEqvgSxK3Gg51BYC6xcL0PNLlxqX3aBr05UqGVuwL7Vdq36eWUMyAFxoCoUcQAvD_BwE&wgp=13527&wgc=1518735&source=webgains&siteid=1518735

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,859 Trailblazer
    edited September 13 Answer ✓

That cooler is fine and be quite make some good products, but we recommend the Noctua products as they make the best dry cpu coolers and allot of community members have used the Noctua NH-U9S cpu cooler and its worked out very well for them, but the Be Quiet! BK033 Pure Rock 2 FX RGB that you have the link to is ok too. See the data sheet of the be quite BK033 on this cpu cooler and make sure of its dimensions/size and if when fitted it will not hit the ram DIMM slot as then it will not fit, or you won't be able to utilize the full PO3-655 ram capacity of its DIMM slots as you won't be able to use that DIMM slot. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Download the be quite BK033 PDF manual and see how its fitted and measure the below point of the cpu space of your PO3-655 desktop and make sure that the be quite BK033 cpu cooler will fit with a ram module inserted into that DIMM slot.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,859 Trailblazer
    edited September 13 Answer ✓

That cooler is fine and be quite make some good products, but we recommend the Noctua products as they make the best dry cpu coolers and allot of community members have used the Noctua NH-U9S cpu cooler and its worked out very well for them, but the Be Quiet! BK033 Pure Rock 2 FX RGB that you have the link to is ok too. See the data sheet of the be quite BK033 on this cpu cooler and make sure of its dimensions/size and if when fitted it will not hit the ram DIMM slot as then it will not fit, or you won't be able to utilize the full PO3-655 ram capacity of its DIMM slots as you won't be able to use that DIMM slot. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Download the be quite BK033 PDF manual and see how its fitted and measure the below point of the cpu space of your PO3-655 desktop and make sure that the be quite BK033 cpu cooler will fit with a ram module inserted into that DIMM slot.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Gunite82
    Gunite82 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Thanks for the advice @StevenGen. I appriciate it and will take a look on the specs to make sure it fits with cleareance for the Ram Sticks.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer

Yes, one of the reason we tend to recommend the Noctua is we know it fits in the tight space in the PO3 case. Others likely fit, but until someone has done the install it can be hit or miss.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.