Acer Recertified won’t honor warranty for no reason

Ivanovskiyi
Ivanovskiyi Member Posts: 2 New User

My GPU broke due to a botched repair by the Recertfied team and they will not repair or replace my laptop but only refund it, if i wanted a refund i would say that or not buy this item. Acer Recertified is not honouring the warrant agreement that assures repair or replacement(in equal value if not available) and is trying to put it off to Amazon. This is unacceptable and I will go to Consumer Court if my warranty won’t be honoured. The warranty agreement:

Answers

• Ivanovskiyi
    Ivanovskiyi Member Posts: 2 New User

for context, I would take the refund if the same item was up for sale for the same price. Taking the refund will drop me from RTX4080 to RTX4070 and I9 to I7

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,658 Pathfinder

The person selling on Amazon may not be an authorized reseller for Acer products. Many a times people sell used items as refurbished and what not and may not actually be authorized resellers of those products.

In your case - assuming it is Acer that is replying - it is clearly saying they will refund you. I don't see an issue here. Most of the times it is easier to refund refurb items than do a repair on them. Accept the refund, and get another one.

It could be the case that this laptop had some inherent problems and so was listed for less, you never know. Simply trying to argue or persist asking for replacement won't be of much help here.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045