acer aspire 7 battery problem(Aspire A715-51G)

Karthikkumar
Karthikkumar Member Posts: 3 New User

My acer aspire 7 laptop full charge capacity reducing day by day and currently it is18% of its original design capacity.what's the reason is there any mistake on my side?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,756 Trailblazer

Hi, the battery is only 2 years old so either the power adapter is bad, the power plug is making bad connection or you have battery monitoring bloatware running that is limiting the battery charging or "calibrating' the battery. Check if the plug is making bad contact by wiggling the plug during charging and observe if the laptop LEDs react, if not and you think the adapter is OK insert a pin in the battery reset pinhole at the back of the laptop till you feel a click, hold the pin down for 5 seconds and release, see if you can charge the battery to 100% (takes 50 minutes). Uninstall Acer Care Center and AcerSense and check in Windows Services that accSVC, AcerS and Acer AgentSVC are no longer there, stop and disable the Startup type in Properties for these services and click on Apply. It is possible that Windows battery meter is not working properly, reset BIOS woth F9 in BIOS and save changes on exit BIOS. Boot to Windows and in Device Manager uninstall these 2 battery drivers (red circle), just reboot.

• Karthikkumar
    Karthikkumar Member Posts: 3 New User

Today battery is not charging more than 12 percent what shall I do now