Can Thunderbolt ports be used to connect a 2nd Monitor on Predator Helios NEO 16 (PHN16-72)?

CoyoteCreature
CoyoteCreature Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 12 in Predator Laptops

I have just bought a new Predator Helios NEO 16 (PHN16-72). It has two thunderbolt (also USB-C?) ports in the back. On my old laptop, an HP OMEN, I was able to use its thunderbolt to connect to a secondary portable monitor. But with the new predator it powers on, but then only shows no signal and turns off.

Is there a way to fix this so I can use my second monitor?

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,070 Trailblazer
    edited September 12

Hi, yes both Thunderbolt ports support DP-Alt Display Port out, do the following:

1. Check the Monitor and Cable: Ensure that the monitor is powered on and the cable is securely connected. Try using a different cable or monitor to rule out any hardware issues. either use a DP cable or DP-HDMI cable.
    2. Update Drivers: Make sure your graphics drivers and Thunderbolt drivers are up to date. You can find the latest drivers on Acer Support or through your laptop’s device manager.
    3. Thunderbolt Settings: Check the Thunderbolt settings in your BIOS/UEFI. Sometimes, Thunderbolt ports need to be enabled or configured properly. Press Ctrl+ S to see the TBT option.
    4. Display Settings: Go to your display settings (right-click on the desktop and select “Display settings”) and see if the monitor is detected. If it is, you might need to extend or duplicate your display.
    5. Power Delivery: If your monitor requires power delivery through the Thunderbolt port, ensure that your laptop is providing enough power. You may have to plug in the monitor power cable instead of getting power from the Thunderbolt port and make sure the battery is fully charged, and the power adapter is plugged in. a USB-C charger may not provide sufficient power for an external monitor.

• JKen1996
    JKen1996 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited 3:27AM

Hey man @CoyoteCreature , is your thunderbolt port now working with your monitor? I'm having the same issue..

• JKen1996
    JKen1996 Member Posts: 2 New User

@Puraw hi man, can you help me with this? I'm not much of a technical guy, I'm wondering if you can remote my laptop to check? Thank you very much.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,070 Trailblazer

Sorry we don't do that kind of service in community forums, you can chat with Acer Support, though they might connect remotely. Best to open a new thread as you are now posting on someone else thread. 😑