My swift go 14 laptop overheating

chris619
chris619 Member Posts: 4 New User

My acer swift go 14 oled evo i5 13th gen is overheating like crazy!!! While playing valo or rocket league it get burning hot under side of the system and the temps are showing more than 100 degrees. Will it cause any hardware problem if use this occssionally? Is there any solution for this?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,788 Trailblazer

Hi, update BIOS as there are stability issues with Intel's 13th Gen CPU's. Download Acer Quick Access or AcerSense and increase the fan speed or change Power mode in Power & Battery settings from Best Performance to Balanced mode

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

Here are six top tips that'll help keep your laptop cool, and reduce the risk of it overheating:-

Use a laptop cooling pad.
    Use your laptop on flat surfaces.
    Clean laptop air vents to remove dust.
    Keep your laptop out of the heat.
    Make sure you're using an original charger.
    Avoid using unnecessary apps and processes.
    Using a laptop cooling pad or adjusting the power settings to reduce heat generation can help mitigate overheating issues.

—————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer

The issues affecting Intel's 13th and 14th gen CPUs are only for the desktop CPU, not for the mobile versions. What are you using to monitor the temperature? It should be impossible to go over 100C, since it will do a thermal shutdown at that point. When running at a high temperatures, the area around where the cooling fan lies will get hot to the touch, just because that's where all the heat is routed. Anything that restricts airflow there will cause more of an issue and clogged fins on the heat exchanger will do it faster than anything else.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • chris619
    chris619 Member Posts: 4 New User

it does go beyond 100 degrees sometimes, while i play light games like valo and rocket league while plugged in. Even in vey low graphics settings. The thermals on this laptop is very concerning.

• billsey

If you are getting an indication that the CPU temperature is exceeding 100C then the software indicating that is faulty. The thermal shutdown is handled by the CPU itself and happens as soon as 100C is passed, so readings higher than 100C (or for just an instant 101C) shouldn't be possible.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • marplusz
    marplusz Member Posts: 2 New User

According to the specifications of Ultra Core 7 155H, i.e. 14 Gen, the maximum temperature is 110 degrees with the possibility of temporarily exceeding it.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/236847/intel-core-ultra-7-processor-155h-24m-cache-up-to-4-80-ghz/specifications.html

• billsey

It turns out you are right, with the Meteor Lake-H systems they have increased the maximum temperature before thermal shutdown. So for the SFG14-72 series:

So, 115C is the new 100C, and full fan speed hits whenever you exceed 75-78C with either fan profile.