aspire laptop 3 battery charging problem over heavy task ?

Sarthal
Sarthal Member Posts: 6 New User
edited September 12 in Aspire Laptops

I have a acer aspire laptop 3 to 4 years old, whenever i try to run some heavy work on my laptop it stopped charging and battery charging indicator start flickering but for a normal use it works fine it give 2 to 2.5 hours of battery backup time is this a motherboard issue?

Battery health is about 60%

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,756 Trailblazer

Hi, average battery lifespan for a fully charged, 4-year-old, battery is indeed 2.5 hours so that is OK, the flickering amber battery LED is indicating a bad plug contact of the DC socket/port, check if you hear a click when the plug is fully inserted in the DC port, you may be using a wrong size plug/pin, the plug is damaged or the socket needs to be replaced (some DC sockets are not soldered and come with a cable and plug). Next cold be the adapter AC adapter cable and plugs (cloverleaf and wall outlet plug), don't use a power strip or extension cord but plug the adapter straight in a properly grounded electrical wall outlet and the AC cord should not be more than 3 feet long. Try another power adapter with a compatible DC plug, if you are using a 65-Watt power adapter I would not try a larger one. The Battery could be acting up too after 4 years, consider replacing it, only 40% wear does not always mean the battery condition is OK, run a battery report (powercfg /batteryreport) and check the (colored) drainage profile graphs of the last 3 days running on battery only if draining profiles are almost vertical you are OK.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

This could be the power adapter, motherboard, or battery. Shut down the laptop, take the battery out, and try to start the laptop up with only the power adapter. If it doesn't start, you may have an adapter problem. In that case, you need to buy a new charger.

———————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• Sarthal
    edited September 12

i recently bought the new adapter from official acer service center so i think it's not adapter's fault.

This is my battery health full charge capacity is fluctuate time to time some is goes to 26000 some it stays as show in image

This battery usage graph i understand it much can tell it is ok or not.

and i will try with new AC cord checks if it works

• Sarthal

i recently bought the new adapter from official acer service center so i think it's not adapter's fault.

This is my battery health full charge capacity is fluctuate time to time some is goes to 26000 some it stays as show in image

This battery usage graph i understand it much can tell it is ok or not.

and i will try with new AC cord checks if it works

• Puraw

Hi, run the Windows Battery report (see my previous comment) and find out why the battery won't charge to 100%. If you have battery monitoring bloatware like Acer Care Center, uninstall all that in Add or remove programs. Are you sure the new power adapter plug is compatible with your laptop DC port? Do you notice an audible click when inserting the DC plug, do the LEDs react when you wiggle the plug?

• Sarthal

No i don't any audible click sound when i insert the dc plug and also LED battery indicator only flicker when i try to run some heavy work , led don't react when i try to wiggle the plug

• Puraw
    edited September 12

Hi, if the pin has the correct length it should click (secure) inside the ports, if the plug is a bit loose or it takes force to insert into laptop port you have the wrong size plug. I would get a new adapter and battery, you never posted your full laptop model so I can't advise on the adapter model also you should make a Windows Battery report, not this Health summary to check if the battery will charge to 100%. Did you uninstall Acer Care Center yet?