Acer Aspire R5-571T Screen is black but it starts up? ANY HELP?

BigBossSnake
BigBossSnake Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello everyone. As you read my laptop starts up (fan turns on, keyboard lights up like normal), its just that i have no display on my screen. I've tried connecting an external monitor to my laptop and the monitor shows image. Is it the laptop screen, Drivers, BIOS, anything you know please help.

Answers

• Flurryy
    Flurryy Member Posts: 1 New User

If your Acer Aspire R5-571T starts up but the screen remains black, try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check Brightness and External Display:
      • Ensure the screen brightness is not turned all the way down.
      • Connect the laptop to an external monitor or TV to check if the issue is with the laptop screen.
    2. Perform a Hard Reset:
      • Turn off the laptop and disconnect all external devices.
      • Remove the battery (if possible) and unplug the power adapter.
      • Press and hold the power button for about 15-20 seconds.
      • Reconnect the battery and power adapter, then turn the laptop back on.
    3. Inspect the Display Connections:
      • Sometimes the internal display cable might be loose. If you're comfortable opening your laptop, check the internal connections for the display cable.
    4. Boot in Safe Mode:
      • Try booting the laptop in Safe Mode. Power on the laptop and repeatedly press the F8 key (or Shift + F8) until you see the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode to see if the display works.
    5. Check for BIOS Beep Codes:
      • Listen for any beep codes during startup, which might indicate hardware issues. Refer to the Acer support page for the meaning of the beep code.
    6. Update Graphics Drivers:
      • If you can access the laptop using an external monitor, update or reinstall the graphics drivers from the Device Manager.
    7. Seek Professional Help:
      • If none of the above steps work, it may be a hardware issue with the screen or internal components. Contact Acer support or take the laptop to a professional technician.

For further assistance and detailed guides, you can visit Acer's official support page: Acer Aspire R5-571T Support.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,414 Trailblazer

Before you do anything on the laptop make sure that you first disconnect the adapter/charger and the battery especially if you disconnect the eDP screen plug/cable as you will cause permeant damage to the gpu if you don’t.

You need to check the eDP screen cable if its strands are not damaged at the laptops hinges where its routed through from the mainboard to the screen, as when the laptop’s lid is open and closed, as at that point the cable wear and can get damaged causing a screen blackout, it could also be that your screens mainboard has shorted and the screen image gets damaged, which can be fixed by a knowledgeable technician if there is one around your area if not, then you need to replace the screen.

The best first option is to first inspect and/or change the eDP cable and see if the cable is damaged then replace it and see if that fixes the screen image problem, if it doesn't then its best that you take your laptop to a technician who can fully diagnose your laptop and fix the problem. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Parts you need to either replace or look at if they are operational

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

Remove battery & long-press power button: This is a simple way to reset your laptop and clear any residual power. To do this, you need to shut down your laptop, remove the battery, and unplug the power cord. Then, press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds.

————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• Milly53
    Milly53 Member Posts: 7 New User

Apparently:Disable Virtual VTX - virtual machine in the BIOS and the computer will run.