Aspire 5 A515-57-515NSATA mode not available in BIOS

thierrywalt
thierrywalt Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 13 in Aspire Laptops

Where can I change from SATA to RST? Not available in the bios. I tried some suggestions to activate it inside the bios but it didn't work.

Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,756 Trailblazer

Hi, why would you want to change Sata mode from AHCI to RST-Optane/RAID? Most of us has set Sata to AHCI. Did you press Ctrl + S in BIOS Main screen to show the hidden settings?

• Hello! Can you tell me the model of your computer? Example: AN515-55-5890. Not all models have rst with optane available.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

If you encounter these issues regularly, it could be a sign that your graphics card is struggling and may require attention or replacement. System Crashes and Freezes Common Symptoms A failing graphics card can lead to frequent system crashes, black screens, and freezes that disrupt your computer's operation. You need to check the "SATA Configuration" type in BIOS Setup Utility as shown below:-

Boot the system.
    Press F1 to enter into the BIOS Setup Utility.
    Choose the menu "Advanced -> SATA Configuration".
    Set "SATA#1 Configuration" to be "Enhanced".

——————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• thierrywalt

Hi. It is a A515-57-515N NX.KN4EG.00L. Thank you.

• thierrywalt

Hello. Unfortunately I don't have that menu option.

• Access the MAIN tab of the bios and press CTRL+S. Does an option called VMD CONTROLLER appear?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)