I have a TravelMate Spin P4 with a busted screen . How do I change the screen?

TigerTech
TigerTech Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 11 in Swift and Spin Series

I have a TravelMate Spin P4 with a busted screen . How do I change the screen or can I . Thank you

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Hi @TigerTech please indicate the exact model of the computer.
    Have you already purchased the screen to be replaced?

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,374 Trailblazer

Yeah, there are enough differences even year to year on the same model line that we need to know what you have. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like P4xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,414 Trailblazer
    edited September 11

If your P4 is the TravelMate Spin P414RNA-51 then I've included a PDF portion of the SG Screen Removal procedure for your information and as a guide,

Make sure that after the screen is removed you replace the old screen with the exact same part number screen that Acar used to replace the screen that you have. The below screen lists and part numbers is what the TravelMate Spin P414RNA-51 model uses. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍