Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-58) charging only when powered off and when adapter is hot, not charging now.

Rat9278
Rat9278 Member Posts: 1 New User

So, my nitro 5 laptop recently started getting some charging issues. It use to only charged when completely powered off, and when the charging adapter was hot. But now, it doesn't charge whatsoever. I don't know if it's the charger or battery, but I don't know if I can fix this. I'd send it in for repair, but I can't pay for shipping. Anyone know what I can do?

Best Answer

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500
    Answer ✓

Please try the troubleshooting method below. Disconnect all connected devices and power cable from your PC (Battery also if it's removable). Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds. Plug in the power cable back and try to turn on.
    First ensure that the charging cable is inserted correctly into the port. Make sure that you have the charger plugged into the correct port, and if the connection feels loose, try adjusting the connection to line things up correctly. Have a good look inside the charging port using a flashlight, if needed. Your charging cable could be loose, unplugged, or damaged. Your charging cable could have a weak connection because it wasn't made by your laptop's manufacturer. Your charging ports could be clogged with dirt or debris that is keeping it from powering up properly. A laptop tune-up and thorough cleaning can help.

————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,756 Trailblazer

Hi, your 2022 laptop may still be under warranty I recommend sending it to Acer Support in your country, include the power adapter.

• Hello! Do you have a multimeter to test the power adapter output? Can you test with another power adapter?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500
    Answer ✓

Please try the troubleshooting method below. Disconnect all connected devices and power cable from your PC (Battery also if it's removable). Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds. Plug in the power cable back and try to turn on.
    First ensure that the charging cable is inserted correctly into the port. Make sure that you have the charger plugged into the correct port, and if the connection feels loose, try adjusting the connection to line things up correctly. Have a good look inside the charging port using a flashlight, if needed. Your charging cable could be loose, unplugged, or damaged. Your charging cable could have a weak connection because it wasn't made by your laptop's manufacturer. Your charging ports could be clogged with dirt or debris that is keeping it from powering up properly. A laptop tune-up and thorough cleaning can help.

————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.