What do I do if my laptop can't find a driver to install windows on?

Sotoky
Sotoky Member Posts: 1 New User

At the "where do you want to install" part it shows nothing to install on so I can't go forward with the windows installation .

Best Answer

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,428 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

If you are getting the "No device drivers were found" error when trying to install Windows 10 on your laptop, here are the steps to resolve it:

1. Download the correct storage drivers for your laptop model from the Acer driver website. For Intel-based systems, you typically need the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) driver.
    2. Copy the extracted driver files to a USB flash drive. Make sure to copy the entire extracted folder, not just the .exe file.
    3. During the Windows installation, when you get to the "Where do you want to install Windows?" screen and no drives are detected, click "Load driver".
    4. Browse to the USB drive and select the folder containing the extracted driver files. Click "OK" to install the driver.
    5. Once the driver is installed, your drives should appear and you can proceed with the Windows installation.

If the Intel IRST driver doesn't work, try downloading the SATA, RAID or AHCI drivers specific to your laptop's motherboard (ACER). Copy those to the USB and load them during the installation.

Make sure you are booting the USB in UEFI mode. For this you need to create Bootable USB in GPT Using Rufus software. UEFI mode only recognized GPT partition.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,428 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

If you are getting the "No device drivers were found" error when trying to install Windows 10 on your laptop, here are the steps to resolve it:

1. Download the correct storage drivers for your laptop model from the Acer driver website. For Intel-based systems, you typically need the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) driver.
    2. Copy the extracted driver files to a USB flash drive. Make sure to copy the entire extracted folder, not just the .exe file.
    3. During the Windows installation, when you get to the "Where do you want to install Windows?" screen and no drives are detected, click "Load driver".
    4. Browse to the USB drive and select the folder containing the extracted driver files. Click "OK" to install the driver.
    5. Once the driver is installed, your drives should appear and you can proceed with the Windows installation.

If the Intel IRST driver doesn't work, try downloading the SATA, RAID or AHCI drivers specific to your laptop's motherboard (ACER). Copy those to the USB and load them during the installation.

Make sure you are booting the USB in UEFI mode. For this you need to create Bootable USB in GPT Using Rufus software. UEFI mode only recognized GPT partition.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

How to fix the problem that cannot find drives when installing Windows:-

Method 1: Check hardware connections.
    Method 2: Update hard drive drivers.
    Method 3: Adjust BIOS/UEFI settings.
    Method 4: Fix disk format or partition issues.
    Method 5: Check the status of your hard drive.
    Method 6: Boot from Windows 10 installation media.
    Method 7: Load RAID driver for RAID disks.

———————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.