Aspire 5 15 Tried all method on YT still Stuck on Repair after Windows Update

Harikumarthapa
Harikumarthapa Member Posts: 5 New User
edited September 11 in Windows 11

Bought an Acer Aspire 5 15 (7 months ago)

Has Problem since: 11th Sept 2024

Updated windows (I didn't look what kind if update it was and clicked on Restart) since then I cannot use my laptop.

what I tried:

1. repair not working
  2. Tried uninstall update (unable to unstall)
  3. System restore ( to use system restore you must specify which windows installation to restore)
  4. (an internal error occurrd. 0x80070002
  5. Command prompt
    1. bootrec /fixmbr (cannot find path)
    2. Bootrec /fixboot (cannot find path)
    3. Bootrec /fixeebuildbcd (complete)
    4. sfc /scannow (compelete but no difference)

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,428 Pathfinder
    edited September 11

That's all we recommend to do. Is there any important data in your laptop? We need to install new Windows using bootable usb created from microsoft iso through Rufus software.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Harikumarthapa
    Harikumarthapa Member Posts: 5 New User

Oh.
    yes, all personal and work files. Is There any way I can keep my personal files and install new windows on drive c:?

• How many local disks are there? If you have made a separate local disk for your data, you can safely install Windows on the main local disk C, which contains only Windows.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,374 Trailblazer

If you can boot to an install image, which seems to be the case, you can use the Repair option to get a command prompt, then copy your documents, pictures, videos etc. off to a thumb drive. Do that before you try to reinstall the OS.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,414 Trailblazer

The Windows Restore only works when you "Create a system restore point" and to do that you first need to do the following:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Create a restore point, and select it from the list of results.
    2. On the System Protection tab in System Properties, select Create.
    3. Type a description for the restore point, and then select Create.
    • Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter to help resolve the "Windows 11 update error 0x80070002".

Unfortunately, if all the steps that you have taken and you didn't have a restore point then you need to first back all your valuable data up from your old OS and then clean install windows again.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

You can use the command "dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions" to remove the pending Windows Updates.

1-Restart your computer while holding the SHIFT button
    2-The Advanced Startup menu will open on the boot.
    3-Go to Troubleshoot.
    4-Now, go to Advanced Options >Command prompt
    5-Tupe this command and press Enter:
    dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

6-When finished close the command prompt then click to return to the first screen
    7-Click to continue to normal boot, then your computer should boot normally

If this procedure above fails to fix the problem, you can try to uninstall the recent updates installed.
    1-Restart your computer while holding the SHIFT button
    2-The Advanced Startup menu will open on the boot.
    3-Go to Troubleshoot.
    4-Now, go to Advanced Options > Uninstall Updates
    5-Click on Uninstall the latest quality update and then click Uninstall quality update on the next screen.

I hope this information helps.

——————————————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• Milly53
    Milly53 Member Posts: 7 New User

Disable Virtual VTX - virtual machine in the BIOS and the computer will run.