My A515-57g does not respond(don't wake neither shows the charging signal) after getting into sleep

eulark
eulark Member Posts: 1 New User

My A515-57g does not respond(do not wake neither shows the charging signal) after getting into sleep. But when I press the power button for 60 sec, it restarts and works normally. This happens once in 3-4 days.

I have updated my system and also all security features but the problem still persists.

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,414 Trailblazer
    edited September 11 Answer ✓

Do a Hard Reset as your EC chip gets frozen, and this should unfreeze the laptop and make it work and turn on properly.

For a Hard Reset do this:

Unscrew the ten (10) screws of the back cover of your Aspire A515-57G laptop, then carefully pry the lower case from the bottom side to release the latches. continue releasing the remaining latches. Then remove the lower case, then take the main battery out and disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery and then short these batteries + & - pins at the mainboard plug

Then take the ram out, leave the laptop like that for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight) and then reconnect everything.

When reconnecting everything back, if you have 2x ram modules only connect 1x ram module first and alternate the ram to see if the ram is not the issue of the laptop not booting properly or its the EC or Chipset chips that are causing this boot issue as this will reset the laptop and the laptop should boot properly.

If this reset doesn't work, then you have a main power rail problem that is best that you take your laptop to an experienced Techni tan so that he can repair your laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500
    Answer ✓

Make sure the cooling vents on your laptop are not being blocked and are clean and dust-free. Hard restart to drain residual electricity: Disconnect your laptop AC adapter and remove the battery if possible. Press and hold the Power button down for at least 30 seconds, then restart your computer. Your charging cable could be loose, unplugged, or damaged. Your charging cable could have a weak connection because it wasn't made by your laptop's manufacturer. Your charging ports could be clogged with dirt or debris that is keeping it from powering up properly. A laptop tune-up and thorough cleaning can help.

—————————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,414 Trailblazer
    edited September 11 Answer ✓

Do a Hard Reset as your EC chip gets frozen, and this should unfreeze the laptop and make it work and turn on properly.

For a Hard Reset do this:

Unscrew the ten (10) screws of the back cover of your Aspire A515-57G laptop, then carefully pry the lower case from the bottom side to release the latches. continue releasing the remaining latches. Then remove the lower case, then take the main battery out and disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery and then short these batteries + & - pins at the mainboard plug

Then take the ram out, leave the laptop like that for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight) and then reconnect everything.

When reconnecting everything back, if you have 2x ram modules only connect 1x ram module first and alternate the ram to see if the ram is not the issue of the laptop not booting properly or its the EC or Chipset chips that are causing this boot issue as this will reset the laptop and the laptop should boot properly.

If this reset doesn't work, then you have a main power rail problem that is best that you take your laptop to an experienced Techni tan so that he can repair your laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500
    Answer ✓

Make sure the cooling vents on your laptop are not being blocked and are clean and dust-free. Hard restart to drain residual electricity: Disconnect your laptop AC adapter and remove the battery if possible. Press and hold the Power button down for at least 30 seconds, then restart your computer. Your charging cable could be loose, unplugged, or damaged. Your charging cable could have a weak connection because it wasn't made by your laptop's manufacturer. Your charging ports could be clogged with dirt or debris that is keeping it from powering up properly. A laptop tune-up and thorough cleaning can help.

—————————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.