My Aspire a715-71g has a black screen, no boot screen only Beep sound.

Mohamed289899
Mohamed289899 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 11 in Aspire Laptops

My new laptop aspire a715-71g is stock in black screen and the fan work and backlight work I can't do anything with him no boot screen only Beep sound when I Disconnect the charger please find any solution for me?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,414 Trailblazer

Do a Hard Reset as your EC chip gets frozen, and this should unfreeze the laptop and make it work and turn on properly.

For a Hard Reset do this:

Unscrew the screws of the back cover of your Aspire A715-71G laptop, then carefully pry the lower case from the bottom side to release the latches. continue releasing the remaining latches. Then remove the lower case, then take the main battery out and disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery and then short these batteries + & - pins at the mainboard plug

Then take the ram out, leave the laptop like that for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight) and then reconnect everything.

When reconnecting everything back, if you have 2x ram modules only connect 1x ram module first and alternate the ram to see if the ram is not the issue of the laptop not booting properly or its the EC or Chipset chips that are causing this boot issue as this will reset the laptop and the laptop should boot properly.

If this reset doesn't work, then you have a main power rail problem that is best that you take your laptop to an experienced Techni tan so that he can repair your laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

Problem could be of your Ram. If you have two ram sticks just try removing either one of them! It could be a possibility that either one of them ram is defective. if it still doesn't work then consult a pc repair shop! What type of beep is it giving long or short?

Power off the laptop, Remove battery, take out RAM from the laptop, clean it with a soft cloth. Also clean RAM slot and put it back and power on your laptop.

If it doesn’t work, then try a new RAM. Might be your existing RAM is faulty.

———————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,414 Trailblazer

Axxo, that is what I've suggested above in the hard reset, you are just repeating what I've suggested👍

Then take the ram out, leave the laptop like that for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight) and then reconnect everything.

When reconnecting everything back, if you have 2x ram modules only connect 1x ram module first and alternate the ram to see if the ram is not the issue of the laptop not booting properly or its the EC or Chipset chips that are causing this boot issue as this will reset the laptop and the laptop should boot properly"

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Milly53
    Milly53 Member Posts: 7 New User

Apparently: Disable Virtual VTX - virtual machine in the BIOS and the computer will run.