Whats wrong with my Predator triton 500

Blessings
Blessings Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a Predator Triton 500 and have had it for about 4 years compared to everyone else, I feel like my frames never match the standard everyone else has, I need to play all games with the lowest settings and my GPU still hits 100% usage. What course of action should I take, I've watched many videos on ways to remedy the idea but I just can't fix it. Should I submit to acer for repairs?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,414 Trailblazer
    edited September 11

What I suggest if you haven’t got this laptops latest bios version 1.10, to install this bios version, also operate this laptop on Win-11 latest version 23H2 OS build: 22631.4161 and also check the Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates > Driver updates > if your Triton has any firmware updates for its RTX20XX GPU and install those, also make sure that all the latest Windows Updates are installed, also make sure that you have the NVidia GeForce Experience software installed (that will notify you of NVidia RTX20XX updates) and also always play your games through the GeForce Experience software (with games that are on this software list) as the NVidia settings are specifically set as the best settings for your RTX20XX GPU.

You should also consider replacing the oem battery as a battery on a 4 years old laptop is depleted and needs replacing as that could also have a performance affect, also for gaming this laptop should have had its cpu/gpu paste changed and vram pads, and also it should operate on a minimum 16GB DDR4-3200MT/s CL22 type ram capacity (preferably 32GB) and its also advisable that you upgrade your laptops boot drive to a quick either PCIe Gen 3 x4 NVMe v1.3 M.2 SSD drive like the Samsung 970 EVO Plus or even a Gen 4 x4 lane (that is backward compatible and is proven to be quicker in a PCIe3 x4 lane slot like your laptop) which is the Samsung 990 Pro NVMe M.2 drive, as doing all the software and hardware updates for a 4 year old laptop will improve performance considerably. Good luck and hope this helps you out some more.

OEM Triton PT515-52 Acer parts that you should change update to:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍