ACER Nitro 5 keyboard not working

RichardBarry1988
RichardBarry1988 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, I have a 2.5 year old acer Nitro 5 and the keyboard no longer works. I'm unsure how long it has stopped working as I mainly use a wireless usb keyboard with it and this works fine. The power button on the keyboard works and the mouse pad/buttons also work. The lights also work on the keyboard. Is there a possible solution to this? (now I can continue to use the wireless keyboard but I would also like a fix) I'm unsure if it is a software or hardware issue.

Best Answer

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,756 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi, if the USB KB works OK, it is hardware related, either a bad KB cable connector or the keyboard, I recommend bringing the laptop to Acer Services in your country to check this.

• Hello! Can you tell me the exact model? Example: AN515-55-5890. Have you also tried disconnecting the lithium battery and the keyboard?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

The simplest fix to your keyboard issue is to reboot your Acer laptop completely. To do so: 1) Press and hold the power button of your laptop until the laptop is totally off. 2) Unplug the power cable and the battery from your laptop.
    Step 2:- Press the battery reset button (about 5 seconds) located underneath your laptop with a really thin stick, I used a sewing needle. Leave your laptop alone un-powered for about 30 minutes. 2. Switch keyboard backlight on and off (Fn+F9).

————————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• RichardBarry1988
    RichardBarry1988 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for the responses. Will get to try them over the weekend.