How can I upgrade My ram and ssd on my Acer a315-51

Idontknowtbh
Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello Acer Community,

I have had this laptop for years and I kind of need a cheap upgrade. I know that there are covers on the bottom for ram extension and ??? though. What I need help with is what kinds of ram can go in the extension port on it because i need to know ddr4, ddr3 2 or . also can I upgrade it to an ssd because My storage has dissapeared. btw I only have steam and war thunder so its nott much. any help appreciated

Best Answer

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,756 Trailblazer
    edited September 11 Answer ✓

Hi, this model comes with one RAM SODIMM slot, which enables you to upgrade the soldered 4GB memory with maximum 16GB to a total of 20GB RAM. In terms of storage, you get one 2.5-inch SATA drive bay and an M.2 3X2 slot for SATA-3 OR NVMe SSDs, a Gen3 NVMe will run at only half the rated speed in a 3x2 slot. Acer Aspire A315-51 | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

There is also a 12GB RAM model A315-51 that can be upgraded with maximum 8GB DDR4 2666MT/s Non-ECC Unbuffered SODIMM CL19 1RX8 1.2V 260-pin Memory for a Acer - Aspire 3 A315-51xxx - Kingston Technology

You can replace the 2.5" HDD for a larger and faster 2.5" Sata-3 Samsung 870 Evo V-NAND 2TB SSD or install a Gen3 NVMe SSD up to 1TB in the M.2 slot like the Samsung 970 Evo Plus.

• Hello! This information may help: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-A315-51/60808

You can also install an nvme:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 3 New User

thanks to both