Constant BSOD's while playing games

Labne
Labne Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited September 10 in Nitro Gaming

Hi. I am getting BSOD's randomly while playing games. I've searched on the net a bit and found .dmp files. But i can't understand them. Can anyone help me with it? Here is the .dmp file link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gaxD7oRYNSIGCZttc2nur5a3aAoxWI_V/view?usp=sharing

Answers

• Labne

Tinkerer

edited September 10

Here is another one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n0BXapugIcmq0DMeKZ39TuBMA3MF8toq/view?usp=sharing

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

The blue screen of death is usually caused by improperly installed, damaged, or aging hardware, or by buggy or incompatible software. Driver updates for your graphics card or other hardware components can also cause a blue screen of death if they fail to integrate properly with the rest of your system.
    To troubleshoot this issue, kindly try the steps below and skip a step that you have already tried:

1-If you are overclocking your PC, try running everything (CPU, GPU, system memory) at their stock speeds. See if the issue is still reproducible. Or, turn off XMP profile or set it to Auto.

2-Test the RAM with the free utility MemTest86, then run a full 8-pass scan to test your RAM for physical errors:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/14201-memtest86-test-ram.html

3-Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/260813/how-to-test-your-computers-ram-for-problems/

4-If you are comfortable of doing so, take all the system memory sticks out, examine them for any obvious defects, and then reseat them into the sockets. Make sure that they are seated properly in their slots. If you have multiple sticks of system memory installed and you suspect one is faulty, one thing to try is to reproduce the issue with only one stick of memory module at a time. This will help you to isolate the faulty module.

5-Try to flash the latest version of the system BIOS for your motherboard. Download the latest version of BIOS from the manufacturer's website to improve compatibility with various memory modules.

6-Run Command Prompt as administrator and type these commands then hit enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    sfc /scannow

7-Update all the drivers from Device Manager or download then install the latest driver that is provided on the manufacturer's website.

—————————————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• Labne

Tinkerer

edited September 13

Hello, thanks for the reply. I've done everything done that you've asked, so i'll give you the results. But before that let me tell you that i've done some more research in the net before you replied so i've done some things myself. Those are: I've uninstalled my graphics card driver with DDU and reinstalled the latest version. The problem persisted. Then i've installed my integrated graphics card driver, didn't work aswell. Then i've searched more on the net and found a reddit post about "you should downclock your 4050's". So i've searched more on that and encountered this video:

I've done the suggested setup as shown in the video. (3:00)

This worked for me. But before saying that i was looking at my temperatures and oh no. The temperatures were soo much more than i expected. My GPU's hot spot was going to 107-108 degrees, normally sitting at 95-100 degrees. My CPU was always at 90-95 range. After this "downclock" the GPU never crossed the 93 degree border. (These are while gaming.)

But while doing this, my GPU and MEM frequencies were jumping to high numbers at an instant and coming back to the first pictures frequencies. I don't know if this means anything but i've wanted to include it.

So that my problem was gone, and my FPS didn't change or change slightly +1/2 to -1/2 fps, i said oh okay. But then it happened again.

So here we are. Here are the results of the test you've wanted:

1- I've changed the downclock to the default settings, the issue still persists.

2- The MemTest86 didn't find any errors. Here are the results of 8 passes.

3- I've run the Windows Memory Diagnostic. It didn't find any errors either.

4- I've taken the memory sticks out. The fans were really dusty and i've carefully cleaned them. Doesn't seem to have any problems to me, but here are the pics.

But i think i've found another problem (?). Some parts of the notebook had some kind of… Grease? It doesn't have any smell, doesn't feel sticky, not wet enough to wet a paper towel. Its weird. Tried to clean those parts too.

Here are the pics of ram's sticked out, in and covered.

And before going to the next matter, let me tell a thing too. About 3-4 months ago i've dropped my notebook while it was in my bag. It dented a corner of the computer. I don't know if it affected the inside, but from inspecting i didn't see any problems. Of course, i might me wrong too. Here is the dent from inside and out.

5- I've upgraded my bios from v2.10 to v2.14.

6- Ran all the commands, they didn't find any errors either.

7- All of my drivers are upto date.

So here are the results. But it might be happening because my pc is too hot. When i start, the idle temperature is about 60 degrees. Sometimes more. Here is a graph of the temperature too. It jumps to 70-75, then comes back to 55 etc. Its not stable.

Thank you so much for your reply, and if you read this and reply aswell.