Issue with the laptop graphics card in Predator helios neo-16

Anto_Roshan
Anto_Roshan Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 11 in Predator Laptops

I bought an acer predator helios neo 16 in July 14th, after 15 days of using it I had an issue with the laptop graphics card and when I contacted the shop I bought it from they told me to reinstall the drivers, it temporarily solved the issue and i again got the issue after sometime and when I when to the service center the technician told me that he has to replace the motherboard and i waited for around a week after that when he replaced the motherboard he used a regular thermal paste instead of liquid metal thermal paste, because of it I had heating issue my laptop cpu was always at 90 to 100 degrees and when I told him this he said it was normal but when I asked again and again he ordered liquid metal thermal paste and I had to wait for around a week and when I went to get the thermal paste replaced I realized that it was a big mistake the technician did not know how to apply it and was asking for instructions from someone on video call, and he repasted it my laptops display and keyboard did not work, only and now he broke my laptop and asking me to wait 10 to 15 days, I did nothing wrong please replace my laptop.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,414 Trailblazer
    edited September 11

For a service repair matter like you have, you need to contact and consult Acer directly in your country, as Acer community is a community of Acer product users and does not have any influence or contact with Acer in your country and/or their tech support. You need to sort this service problem out with Acer in your country. Good luck and hope you sort this issue out satisfactorily.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,551 Community Administrator

Hello Anto_Roshan,

Thank you for your participation in the Acer Community. I am sorry to hear about the experience you’re having with your unit. As mentioned by StevenGen, the Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer Service. The Acer forum discussions are designed as a peer-to-peer community where Acer users help other Acer users.

I am an administrator who helps to keep the forums running smoothly. I can’t access your account or help you directly, but I will be happy to escalate your case to your region’s support. Please review your inbox; I have sent you a private message.

Best regards,

Ingrid-Acer

This discussion has been closed.