Is it safe to install bios 1.11 in acer nitro 5 515-45

abhirup
abhirup Member Posts: 1 Newbie

Is it safe to install bios 1.11 in acer nitro 5 515-45 RTX 3050 4gb Ryzen 5600H?

during games CPU temp reaches 91 and GPU reaches 86

wondering if bios update would help

if users can share experience

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,499 Pathfinder
    edited September 10

No, I heard some bad things faced by users when they did bios update on this laptop.

For temperatures follow below steps-

1. Fps cap

Capping fps to lower value like 60, 100, 120, 140, etc can greatly lower cpu temperature and keep cool

(Cap you fps through Nvidia software or use RTSS)

2) Prop the laptop up with books around the sides to reduce heat

Grab stack of 2-4 books that are equally thick. Slide the spine of a book 2–3 inches (5.1–7.6 cm) under the right side of the laptop. Do the same on the left side of the laptop.

[You can also Buy good cooling pad in which stands are inbuilt, its better than books]

3) You can follow this below guide completely to reduce Cpu load and increase game performance-

Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

4) Undervolting GPU/CPU (Only for experienced one, do at your own risk. Undervolting is safe but people might try to overclock/Overvolt which is not recommended and damage their system so)

I'm not sure if Intel still allows undervolting as last year intel blocked laptop users from undervolting and made manufacturer to roll out bios update to block undervolting on supported laptops, So I recommend checking YouTube for tutorials on undervolting your specific laptop GPU or CPU. For GPU undervolting, MSI Afterburner can handle the job effectively once it's set up. It provides users with the ability to adjust voltage and power settings for their graphics cards, allowing for more efficient performance and potentially lower temperatures. The software is compatible with most graphics cards, not just MSI models, making it a versatile choice for many users.

To get started with undervolting your GPU using MSI Afterburner, you can find various tutorials on YouTube that guide you through the setup process, including how to monitor performance metrics and adjust settings safely.

For CPU, there is ThrottleStop but I don't know if it still work or not so, Search for your Specific mobile CPU that your laptop has for undervolting guide with ThrottleStop or Any other software on youtube/google.

It may or may not work so just try and get back if you can't find because intel no longer allow undervolting on laptops. For gpu there is still a chance. Doing undervolt incorrectly also cause instability but can be fixed after reseting settings.

If the above methods didn't work for you, it might be time to clean your laptop's fans and air vents, and replace the thermal paste with a high-quality one. Gaming PCs and laptops generally need to be cleaned and repasted after one year of use. If you are in a hot room or a country experiencing summer, electronics can overheat significantly. In such cases, you can mitigate the issue by using your laptop or PC with limited FPS and optimizing for lower power consumption to help reduce temperatures.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,075 Trailblazer

Hi, I agree with GAMING6698 not to upgrade BIOS to 1.11 as this version is one year old and won't address your temp. or power issues so why run the risk bricking your laptop.