Can't detect a microphone on my Aspire 5

Doyleydots
Doyleydots Member Posts: 1 New User

hi, I've logged in to my Aspire 5 and Zoom and Teams are now telling me they can't find a microphone to use. How do i address this?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,414 Trailblazer

Have a look in Device Manager > Audio inputs and outputs and see if there is a "Microphone array Inte…if not then use this guide as its a good one to reinstate the internal microphone driver, if that doesn't work, then your internal microphone is faulty and you either use an external microphone or change the existing microphone. Good luck and hope this helps you out further.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Bruce963
    Bruce963 Member Posts: 2 New User

To fix the issue with Zoom and Microsoft Teams not detecting your microphone on your Acer Aspire 5, follow these steps:

Step 1: Check Physical Connections

• Built-in Microphone: Ensure the built-in microphone is not disabled in your laptop settings.
    • External Microphone (if applicable): Make sure the external microphone is securely connected to the audio jack or USB port.

Step 2: Check Windows Microphone Settings

1. Right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray (bottom-right corner of your screen) and select Sounds or Open Sound Settings.
    2. In the Sound settings window, under Input, make sure the correct microphone is selected in the Choose your input device dropdown.
    3. Test your microphone by speaking into it and checking the input level bar.

Step 3: Check Microphone Privacy Settings

1. Go to Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone.
    2. Make sure that the toggle switch under Allow apps to access your microphone is turned On.
    3. Scroll down and ensure that Zoom and Teams have permission to access the microphone.

Step 4: Update Microphone Driver

1. Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Audio inputs and outputs section.
    3. Right-click on your microphone and select Update driver.
    4. Choose Search automatically for updated driver software and let it install any updates if available.

Step 5: Check Zoom and Teams Audio Settings

• Zoom:
      • Open Zoom, go to Settings > Audio, and check the microphone selected.
      • Use the Test Mic feature to confirm that your microphone works.
    • Microsoft Teams:
      • Open Teams, go to Settings > Devices, and ensure the correct microphone is selected.
      • Test the microphone under the Audio Devices section.

Step 6: Restart Your Laptop

If the problem persists after performing these steps, restart your laptop and check again. This can resolve any temporary system glitches.

Let me know if you need more help!

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type microphone, then click on Microphone privacy settings. 2) Under the Allow apps to access your microphone section, make sure the toggle is On so that you can allow apps access to your microphone. Right click speaker icon in tray. Click open sound settings.

—————————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.