Acer SF314-43 Microphone issue, not visible in Audio inputs and outputs

Viktor11
Viktor11 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 10 in Swift and Spin Series

Hello,

I have a problem with micropfone in Acer SF314-43. Is not visible in my Audio inputs and outputs. There is no any Microphone array there only Speakers. Can not find drivers for microphone on Acer support page. I have Windows 11. Do you have any solution? Thank you.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,374 Trailblazer

Open Device Manager and expand the sound section, can you show us a picture of what's displayed?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Viktor11

Hi,

thx for answer, as you can see only Speakers

• billsey

Does the camera work? The microphones and camera are on the same board…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,414 Trailblazer

Just some further information that might be helpful for you, as this is the Swift SF314-43 camera and microphone part numbers that Acer used on your laptop if you need to get it replaced.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

Don't worry about uninstalling the sound driver as long as you are not checking the small check box - Delete driver software while you are trying to uninstall it. After uninstalling the sound driver when you restart the computer it will automatically install the sound driver as long as you have not checked the box "Delete driver software".

Try windows x 

Go to device manager - Go to sound video and game controllers. Expand it 

Uninstall the sound driver from device manager. Please uninstall all the items below the sound video and game controllers. Restart the computer. It should work fine..  It will automatically install the sound driver when you restart the computer.

If it is still not working 

Uninstall the sound driver from device manager 

Dont restart the computer. 

Go to support.acer.com 

chose your country 

type snid or chose your model 

go to drivers 

Install the sound driver 

It should work fine.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

If it is still not working follow the steps given below

click on start - settings - system – sound – You will see chose your output and input device 

On the " chose your output device " - chose headset or speakers as you desire..

On the "chose your input device" - click on drop down menu - chose microphone as the input 

On type here to search on the lower left corner 

type microphone privacy 

go to microphone privacy settings on the top

check whether Allow access to the microphone on this device is on 

If it is off - click on change and turn it on

Allow apps to access your microphone is on 

Scroll down - chose which microsoft store apps can access your microphone

check the apps especially zoom, skype , camera to on

Allow Desktop apps to access your microphone to on

It should work fine

—————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• Viktor11

Thanks for such steps but a did not have inputs in settings at all, in outputs only speakers. I installed drivers below but nothing happened

• billsey

Does the camera work?

• Viktor11

OK guys, thank you for all of you. Support told me to make recovery and all is fine :) Micropfone array appeared. Thank you so much

• billsey

Good to hear!