Realtek sound issues in Aspire 5 A515-57G, audio quality worse & not up to the mark.

kenneth1971
kenneth1971 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 9 in Aspire Laptops

I had an Aspire 3 for a few years now but I recently got an Aspire A515-57G to help editing and making videos.

But I quickly found that the audio quality on the Aspire 5 was worse than that of the Aspire 3. Sadly, I can't upload a video or mp3 to let you hear the difference in quality of sound as it would be easier to understand where I'm coming from. The Aspire 3 had a clear sound whereas the Aspire 5 has the dull bass sound to it.

I went to the support page and there was two Realtek audio drivers that I can download. One that was already installed when I got the laptop and an older version. So I uninstalled the newer one and installed the older version, but the quality of sound remains this dull bass sound.

Any help would be most appreciated.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Best Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,656 Trailblazer
    edited September 9 Answer ✓

Hi, don't install these Realtek drivers but let Windows11 do the installing as the other Codec drivers are involved too (Intel-Nvidia), download DDU freeware from the Wagnardsoft site and in Safe Mode uninstall all Realtek Audio drivers with DDU, then just reboot. You can install the Realtek Audio Console (called "Control" from the Windows Store. Note that MS Media player has an equalizer in the context menu (right click).

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,859 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Just some further advice for you, as I’ve got the exact same laptop and these laptops don’t have or ever expect them to have Hi-Fi quality sound, for that you need to connect external speakers as their oem their speakers are cheap and nasty. Its not their audio drivers either, so do NOT try to upgrade their Realtek audio drivers as the audio is governed also by the Intel and NVidia and the Realtek audio drivers combined.

To improve sound use either the free sound enhancer called FxSound (that I have used on my Aspire A515-57G and it works perfectly, after you have set it up) as its got allot of downloadable sound pre sets or upgrade the already installed on your Win-11 OS sound enhancer called DTS to its upper version called DTSX that you need to pay for. Good luck and hope this helps you out some more.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,656 Trailblazer
    edited September 9 Answer ✓

Hi, don't install these Realtek drivers but let Windows11 do the installing as the other Codec drivers are involved too (Intel-Nvidia), download DDU freeware from the Wagnardsoft site and in Safe Mode uninstall all Realtek Audio drivers with DDU, then just reboot. You can install the Realtek Audio Console (called "Control" from the Windows Store. Note that MS Media player has an equalizer in the context menu (right click).

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓

Just some further advice for you, as I’ve got the exact same laptop and these laptops don’t have or ever expect them to have Hi-Fi quality sound, for that you need to connect external speakers as their oem their speakers are cheap and nasty. Its not their audio drivers either, so do NOT try to upgrade their Realtek audio drivers as the audio is governed also by the Intel and NVidia and the Realtek audio drivers combined.

To improve sound use either the free sound enhancer called FxSound (that I have used on my Aspire A515-57G and it works perfectly, after you have set it up) as its got allot of downloadable sound pre sets or upgrade the already installed on your Win-11 OS sound enhancer called DTS to its upper version called DTSX that you need to pay for. Good luck and hope this helps you out some more.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• kenneth1971

Thank you to the both of you for the advice and will certainly try those out. Much appreciated.

• StevenGen

Also, I suggest you use a great high-quality headphone set like the exceptional Bluetooth Sennheiser Momentum 4, btw that I'm using also the Momentum 4 Copper edition (that have an exceptional battery life of 50hrs) with the Aspire A515-57G and the FxSound and I get excusite exceptional near Hi-Fi quality sound, so try these combinations out.

• kenneth1971

Hi just to give an update.

I downloaded DDU and in safe mod uninstalled the realtek audio drivers and rebooted. Then once it rebooted I downloaded FxSound and installed it with the optional presets. I took my time with the program and found a preset that I'm happy with the sound quality.

So thank you both again for helping me out.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 660

How to improve Realtek audio:-

Steps: Search for Realtek audio interface in start menu, go to 'speakers' and just set the 'equalizer' in the submenu. I would recommend the 'vocal' preset with a very slight boost in 8k and 16k. My preference is to boost 62hz,125hz and 250hz for 5.0-8.0, and to boost 8khz and 16khz for 0.5-1.0.
    Also Find your speakers in the Playback tab, click on them, and then click "Properties."

Go to the "Enhancements" tab and check if "Loudness Equalization" is available and enable it if it is. This setting can help increase the perceived volume of your speakers.

———————————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.