My Acer nitro 515-57 doesn’t turn on. Black screen and fans turn off after few seconds

Mr_va1demar
Mr_va1demar Member Posts: 1 New User

I played games an my Nitro 515-57 switched off. After reset it turn on and worked, but tomorrow it bricked. I took out battery, after that it turn on once and now it just have black screen and turn off fans after few seconds of work. SSD become hot. Power led lights up.
I took out BIOS battery and pressed power button for 30 seconds, this doesn’t help.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer

Take the main battery out and the RTC/BIOS battery and then short the bios battery + & - pins at the mainboard plug to reset CMOS and take the ram out, leave the laptop like that for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight) then reconnect everything and if you have 2x ram modules only connect one to start and then alternate with the other ram module, and see if its not the ram that is faulty, as doing this resets the EC and Chipset chips and will make your AN515-57 laptop reboot and work properly.

If the reset doe=sent work, then your AN515-57 has a faulty chip in the main power rail, and you need to send/take your laptop to either Acer Tech Support in your country or a technician in your area to fix your laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍