about Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58 gaming temperatures.

atakhelikopteri
atakhelikopteri Member Posts: 1 Newbie

I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58 with i7 12650h and rtx 4060. While playing Cyberpunk 2077, my cpu is 80-82 degrees and gpu is 86-87 degrees. Is my gpu safe? What are the safe temperature for these cpu and gpus?

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,418 Pathfinder

Don't worry system components is safe. Thermal Throttling starts at 90°C and Laptop will close automatically if overheat. During summer season this can happens to anyone even if they have good cooling system.

80-90°C for the CPU and 70-80°C for the GPU are typical and acceptable temperatures for gaming laptops. Temperatures up to 95°C on the CPU and 85°C on the GPU are still within safe limits, but running hotter than that for prolonged periods is not ideal. Taking steps to optimize cooling and reduce heat output can help keep temperatures in a healthy range.

Consider lowering temperatures by following below suggestions-

1)Fps cap 

Capping fps to lower value like 60, 100, 120, 140, etc can greatly lower cpu temperature and keep cool

(Cap you fps through Nvidia software or use RTSS)

2)Prop the laptop up with books around the sides to reduce heat

Grab stack of 2-4 books that are equally thick. Slide the spine of a book 2–3 inches (5.1–7.6 cm) under the right side of the laptop. Do the same on the left side of the laptop.

[You can also Buy good cooling pad in which stands are inbuilt, its better than books]

3)You can follow this below guide completely to reduce Cpu load and increase game performance-

Tip- While FPS cap can greatly reduce CPU temperature but for GPU you can lower graphics settings or resolution to keep it balance.

There’s one more thing that could help in this dire situation: undervolting. But beware, it's not for the faint of heart or the uninitiated. I’ve attached a spoiler below. Only delve into it if you have a solid understanding of undervolting; otherwise, turn back now. This is a realm best left to those who are well-versed in monitoring, overclocking, and undervolting. For the average user, it’s a path fraught with peril and should be avoided entirely.

If you are willing to learn and follow safe practices, undervolting can be beneficial. However, they should be aware of the risks and proceed cautiously, ideally starting with small adjustments and using monitoring tools to ensure stability

Undervolting the CPU and GPU can be very helpful in this case. The GPU can be undervolted using MSI Afterburner by configuring the correct settings. As for the CPU, I'm unsure if Intel still allows undervolting with ThrottleStop software. Keep in mind that this process is not easily done on laptops since they are not designed for it. If you still want to proceed, you'll need to do some research using Google or YouTube. You might be able to undervolt the GPU more easily, but CPU undervolting can be more complicated. Undervolting on laptops often leads to instability and performance issues. I mention this because, if you become more knowledgeable in this area, you might achieve better results. However, note that even among the same laptop models, results can vary, so there is a 50-50 chance that your laptop may respond well to undervolting. if you going to try this, then be careful and do it at your own risk Because if you did overvolt or overclock then laptop may get damage.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,736 Trailblazer

Hi, TJUNCTION for this CPU or max. sustainable temp. is 100°C and I agree with GAMING6698 that 82°C is a normal temperature for the CPU.