how to upgrade my laptop ram..?

Manoj_Mariyappan
Manoj_Mariyappan Member Posts: 1 New User

iam new to laptop and new to the community can you tell me how to increase my lap ram

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,735 Trailblazer

Hi, tell us the complete laptop model and CPU type, what RAM you have installed already (details, 1 or 2 modules, size and MHz) so we can advise the Ram upgrade.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited September 9

For ram upgrades, go to Crucial RAM > Upgrade Selector and put your laptops model in there, as then this selector will advise you of the exact ram that your laptop has and an what it can be updated to.

Your laptop either has soldered onboard ram only then ity cant be upgraded, or soldered onboard ram plus a 1x ram slot that can be upgraded, or 2x ram slots like its shown below which both slots can be upgraded. it depends on the model of your laptop to which specification ram it can have.

Best is to install CPUz and go its SPD section as that section will tell you the exact specs of your installed ram in your laptop, its a very simple process.

RAM slots that have side clips that you release

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍